Thursday 19 October 2017

CORPS MEMBER BUYS CAR THROUGH MAKING OF ZOBO DRINK




Can we know you?
 My name is Ojo Grace Oduintan, I am from Ondo State and I studied computer science, currently serving here in Lokoja at board of internal revenue.

How did you start the business?
 I was doing my National Youth Service Corp ( NYSC) documentation with hopes of being posted to Abuja, but when the posting came I was unlucky, or should I say sad when I was posted to Kogi State, I tried redeploying it didn’t work, my mum told me it could be the will of God, I felt Lokoja was too hot for me.

So I decided to think of how to make money out of my service year then I thought of what to do, I went to the office and I was told I won’t be allowed to sell clothes there, so one day while sleeping I thought of selling Zobo drink, I remembered a little girl taught me how to make zobo drink in Abuja, so I decided to put that to work here and all thanks to God, I took a bold step to start supplying zobo drink at work; my first time I sold Zobo of about 3 to 4thousand naira.

Wow, that is great!
Yes, it was, I started supplying to people both at work and around some 4litres and more, it did work I was making money daily and yes that was how I made money for 10months, and today I own a car.

 So you mean you really sold zobo drink to buy your car, it is amazing.
Yes I did, I even acquired other household equipments like deep freezer, electronic devices, all thanks to God for his grace and wisdom.

So any challenge faced in the process?
Why not, a lot of them, it was really stressful waking up very early to prepare zobo drink, trying to meet up with customers, I never even had time for myself, I equally got embarrassment from people, friends stay away from me and you know Zobo has a way of making the fingers black.

In words, what can you say to your fellow corp members and the prospective corp members?
I really want to stay this to all corp members and the prospective corp members, don’t be discouraged by people, keep encouraging yourself, at times people buy zobo and don’t pay me, but that did not stop me, so I will tell them to fight on head high do something worthwhile with your service year, the glory matters and put God first in it too.

So are you single or married?
Hahahahaha, I am single but soon it will happen.








Blessing Benedict

1 comment: