Monday 30 July 2018

Anike: Episode 10,11&12


Episode 10

Admiral Gabriel Alawode transferred
#400k into Happy’s account. She
transferred 200k into my account. I
started preparing for Friday, she took
me to the spa, fixed my hair, bought
make up although I’m not the heavy
make up type, but she forced me to buy
it. I also bought some clothes from her
boutique which she picked for me
herself. She even gave me discount.

As I was packing on Friday morning, I
got a call from the president of my
school fellowship, we talked for a while
and he said we’ll see on Sunday to
continue the discussion. I told him, I
won’t be in church on Sunday, he asked
why and I told him I have a function to
attend, I lied. I ended the call.

It now dawn on me that I’m already
backsliding gradually, Sin will always
breeds more sin. You will always need a
lie to cover up another lie. I know I’m
about to embark on a journey that will
ruin my relationship with God.

I wonder how I’ll tell a man I slept with
over night that I’m going to church on
Sunday, I’m sure he’ll laugh me to
scorn.

I wore a Turquoise blue Bodycon midi
gown and applied little make up. I
picked up my already packed bag, wore
a high heels sandal and left for the
airport.

My plane landed at exactly 5:45pm on
Friday. That was my first time in Abuja.
Happy did not have Admiral Alawode’s
personal number, so there was no one
to call except her, I was still looking
around, then my phone rang, it was
Happy.

She told me to go to the parking lot,
that the driver is waiting for me, she
gave me the color of the car and plate
number.

I located the car and tapped the
window, the driver whined down the
glass.

“Hi, I’m Anike, Admiral Alawode’s
guest” He unlocked the back door and I
entered.

I alighted and behold a mighty building,
the exterior was beautiful and perfect
and I wondered what the interior would
look like. All the staffs in the house are
all on navy uniform, the driver, gateman and the securities at each door post. I guess they are low rank officers.

I was ushered into the house by one of
the officers who offered me a sit and
told me to make myself comfortable.
I was told Admiral Alawode was not
around. The sitting room was oozing
wealth the chandelier hanging on the
room is heavenly. The Plasma TV can
serve in a cinema, I’ve never seen such
large screen before. Every thing in that
house smells money. I was offered a drink which I declined.

The chef also came out to ask what I’d
like to eat, I told him I was ok. I was
scared of been drugged. Too much of
Nollywood film, I thought.

I diverted my attention to the TV, just to
distract myself a little from my evil
thoughts and nervousness.

Few minutes to 7pm I heard sirens, the
owner of the house is back, my heart
almost jumped out of my mouth. All the
staffs inside were all on attention.

I was stunned when I saw him walked
into the house in his all white Navy
Uniform, I doubt if this man is 52 he
was looking so young, then I remembered money does magic. He’s damn handsome. He’s chocolate skin was so fresh and glowing. I doubt if he walks under the sun. I take a closer look at him, he could pass for one of our
handsome veteran Nollywood actor. I
wondered if they are in anyway related.
His voice brought me back to the
presence world.

“Hello young Lady”

“Good evening sir”

“Anike right?” I guessed Happy gave
him my name.

“Yes sir” I said not feeling too
comfortable around him.

He looked at me for some seconds.
From the look on his face I can’t judge
whether he likes me on not.

“How was your trip?” he asked

“It was fine sir” I replied with a little
bow.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Admiral Gabriel
Alawode” He extended his hand for a
handshake and I took it”

“The pleasure is mine sir”
“Do make your self comfortable, if you
need anything just tell any of them” he
said pointing to his men.

He called on one of his men. “Show her
to the guest room” he said and left
with one of the officers, who held like
four phones and a bag. I think that’s his
PA or he’s right hand man.

I was taken to the guest room, it was
tastefully furnished too, with sofa,
plasma TV like 32”. It also has a
beautiful paintings on the wall. The bed
is large and the mattress is soft.

I settled down and kept my things in
the wardrobe, I took my bath and
changed into a green sleeveless gown a
little below my knee.

An hour later, I was told dinner is
ready, I was to join Admiral Alawode in
the dinning. I was very nervous but I
tried to mask my fears.

I met him already sitting at the dinning,
I was nervous, I sat beside him quietly.
There are different kinds of food on the
dinning table, the dinning was the glass
rotating type, you just spin it to the
food you want and serve yourself. Local
dishes, intercontinental dishes, different
kinds of meet, everything was there. I
spinned the glass center tray and picked
a wrap of semo and I took vegetable
soup that was garnished with pomo,
stock fish, assorted meat, and crayfish.

The meat was so big that I had to just
pick one. He served himself too, I did
not bother to check his food. I just ate
quietly beside him, thinking of my
family. I wondered if they’ve eating this
evening.

I finished my food and He asked if I was
OK and I said yes.

“Have a wonderful night rest, I’ll see
you tomorrow” he said and stood up.
I was surprised, I thought we were
supposed to sleep together.

“Good..good night sir” I replied.
I left the dinning too almost
immediately.

I went to the guest room. I was happy
nothing is happening that night at least
even if my body will be defiled, its not
tonight. Although I was still surprised at
his actions, may be he did not like me. I
concluded.

I took my phone and called Happy, I
explain the situation of things to her.
“I don’t think he likes me” I said to her

“Anike calm down and have a good
night rest, if he doesn’t like you, he’ll
release you tomorrow morning.

Although he called me some minutes
ago and he didn’t mention anything like
that”

“Did he say anything about me?”

“Yes, I’ll tell you when you are back”

“Tell me now, please…..

“Noooo later, good night Anike”
“Good night”

I called my mum also, I talked with her
and my siblings. I’m very sure she will
pray for me that night, she would tell
God to protect me in my room not
knowing I’m under a man’s roof in
Abuja.

I wish she could change her prayer to
father protect my daughter wherever
she may be’

I lay on my bed to sleep, I was about to
say my prayers as usual and guilt held
me back. I forced myself to pray, I
doubt if God is listening. I know the
prayer of a sinner or about to be sinner
is an abomination before God.

I slept for few hours before 2am I was
up, I was just rolling in bed. I turned my
phone on, on my data I replied some
messages. I log into the site where I
read stories. I have some stories I was
following. I read all the recent updates.
I dose off around 5am.




Episode 11

I woke up by 6am. I prayed briefly, at
least I thanked God I didn’t die
overnight. I took my bath, I wore a strap
pencil dress.

I lie on the bed after dressing up, I was
called up for breakfast around 8am on
Saturday morning.

I met him on the dinning reading a
newspaper.

Good morning sir, I said as I joined him”

“Good morning, hope you slept well?”
“Ehm….Yes I did”

He was wearing a white crested navy
polo on a navy blue three quarter
baggy.

“You did not sleep well” he said, more
of a statement than a question.

“How did he know, did he has a camera
in that room” I thought.

“You have sleep bags on your eyes” he
said as if he read my thought.

“Oh!” I said in a low tone, I doubt if he
heard.
He continued. “So why didn’t you sleep
well? I hope I’m not a bad host”

“No sir, maybe it’s because I’m new in
this environment”

“Ok, let’s eat”

The table was all set again, as if we are
having a feast. I went for fried rice and
chicken and stepped it down with juice.
I excused myself, I went back to my
room after eating.

Two hours later or thereabout, I heard a
knock on my door, I did not bother to
ask who it was, I just opened and
Admiral Alawode was standing in front
of me.

I’d like us to talk, he said and I made
way for him to come in. He sat on the
two sitter chair in the room and
gestured for me to sit beside him,
which I did. He moved closer to me, I
inhaled his expensive cologne.

“Tell me about yourself” he said and I
told him everything, my fathers demise
and what brought me here.

He asked if I have a boyfriend, I said no
and he asked why, then I told him
about Olamilekan and how he left the
country to study abroad. I told him ever
since he left I’ve decided to be on my
own for the time been.

He was a good listener, he listened with
rapt attention, he paused me once in a
while to ask questions. After he got all
the information he needed about me,
he held my hands.

“I’m sorry about your father but I’ll try
all my possible best to help you and
your family get back on your feet” he
assured me.

“Thank you sir”

“You are…..”his ringing phone cut him
short

“Please excuse me” he said
“Your Excellency sir..…. Alright Mr
President” he said

“Did the president just called him?

Happy was right. I was wowed, have
never been close to someone who had
such connections all my life. So Happy
was right” I thought.

After the call, He asked for my bank
account details and I gave him.

“I just transferred some money into
your account” he said while tapping on
his phone. I got a message alert on my
phone, I checked, it was a bank Alert,
my account was credited with #1
million. I opened my mouth but I
couldn’t talk.

“The driver we take you to the airport,
now, I’ve booked a flight to Lagos for
you, go and sought your family out with
that money for now. I have a house in
lekki you can move them into the house
for now, I’ll call the securities there and
notify them. I want your siblings to go
back to school, use the money to pay
the bills, there are good schools in
lekki, they can attend” he said
I was on my knees crying before he
could stop me.

“Thank you very much, May God bless
you, every good thing you lay your
hands on shall prosper in Jesus name”

He asked me to stand but I refused to, I
was on my knees praying all sorts of
prayer for him. He watched me and
allow me do my thing. I stood up when
I was through.

I was so elated, then I remembered my
mum, what will I tell her when I get to
Lagos. The man read me like a book, he
knew something was wrong.

“What’s the problem?….. Oh your Mum,
no mother in his right senses wouldn’t
ask questions, but you’ll have to come
up with something or better still, tell
her the truth, you share your problems
with someone and he’s willing to help,
after all that’s what it is for now. I
could talk to her on phone to clear her
doubts” he suggested.

“He gave me his number.” That’s my
personal line, you don’t have to go
through my PA or the normal protocol.

Just call me anytime, and let me know if
you need anything. I can’t believe he
could give me his personal line, Happy
did not have it. He asked for my phone
number too and I gave him.

I got to Lagos and went to the church
where my mum and siblings were
staying in Maryland. I cried when I saw
my mum, she has grown lean. She told
me the church has been catering for
them for some days now.

I sat my mum down and explain
everything to her. I told her the truth,
let’s say half truth not 100% truth. I had
to leave the path that Admiral Alawode
is my soon to be potential sugar daddy.

I called a cab, we packed the few things
they have with them and went to lekki,
I gave the cab man the address and he
took us to the place.

I knocked at the gate and the security
man opened, he said his Boss had
called, so he let us in, the securities
even helped carried our bags into the
house. The house was cleaned, I’m sure
they clean it everyday, the sitting room
was well furnished. The house is a
duplex with six rooms.

We were still settling down when two
guys came in with groceries, they
stalked the kitchen with food stuffs and
fridge with food, drinks and bottled
water. The freezer too was stalked with
meat, chicken, pepper and other
perishable foods.

My mum was just wondering what
miracle was going on. I know she had
things on her mind. I had so many
things on my mind too.

“I thought this man did not like me at
first but doing all this means he’s
interested. But come to think of it, he
did not touch me all through my stay in
his house” I said in my mind.

I went into the kitchen with my
immediate sister, Adekemi. We
prepared rice with meat stew. My
siblings were happy.

“I can’t remember the last time, we ate
good food like this” Okiki our last born
and the only boy said.

“All thanks to our loving sister”
Adekemi added with smiles on her face.
“Let’s just give thanks to God, our
suffering is over” I said.

Everyone had already picked a room,
after eating, I went to mine, while my
siblings settled to watch TV, there was
subscription on the cable.


Episode 12

Some minutes later, my mummy who
was quiet all through came into my new
room.

She sat on my bed. “Anike, who is this
good Samaritan, that did all this for us
without even knowing us?”

“Mummy I told you everything, he just
decided to help me after hearing my
story, nothing more”

“How did you meet him?”

“I met him through Happy, my nice
room mate I told you about. He is
Happy’s Uncle”

I couldn’t believed I lied easily to my
mum, I never lied to her and she always
believe every word that comes out of
my mouth.

“Anike, hope you’re not keeping a sugar
daddy because of us?”

“Mummy he’s not my sugar daddy, will
you talk to him, so you could be rest
assured?”

“Yes I will” she answered.
I thank God Admiral gave me the
permission to allow her speak to him. I
put a call through to him. He
disconnected and called back.

“Good evening sir, my mum will like to
speak with you” I told him.

I gave my mum, the phone, he told my
mum, he just wanted to help since he
had the capacity to do so. My mum
thanked and prayed for him, She said
she would like to meet him to thank
him in person but Admiral Alawode
told her not to bother. She passed the
phone over to me, when she was done
talking. I thanked him too.

My mum was a bit confused rather than
convinced. A sugar daddy wouldn’t
have spoken to her the way he did.

“Anike, swear to me that, there’s
nothing between you and that man,
Mummy there’s nothing between us(at
least for now; I said that in mind) He’s
just God sent Mummy”

When she left my room, I called Happy
and explain everything to her.

Tinuke called me later that night and I
told him about Admiral Alawode, she
was not happy with the decisions I took.

But I told her, I had to do it for my
family. She knew my mind was made up
already. She adviced me to quit once I
get what I wanted from him.

On Sunday we attended a church very
close to the house, although one of the
security men insisted on taking us to
the church, there was two cars in the
compound.

After service, will started planning for
the next day, my siblings has to go back
to school.

On Monday morning, the driver took us
to one of the schools around, he said
the school is one of the best in the area.
We got to school and was taking to the
admin block, the admin gave us some
forms to fill. He asked for there classes.

Okiki is in SSS 1 while Adekemi is in
SSS3 he gave us the bills, Adekemi’s bill
was much because of the NECO and
WAEC fees. We are to pay in bank. I ask
if I could make the transfer online since
I have the mobile app on my phone He
said I can make an online transfer which I did.

He connected my phone to
the printer and printed out the transfer
details.

My siblings were given uniforms,
cardigan, sport wears, books and some
text books. He called on the office
assistance to show them to their
respective classes, while i returned
home with my mum.

We got home and I started preparing for
school, I already miss today’s lectures. I
informed my mum that I was leaving.
She prayed for me and thanked me.

“Anike if you need anyone to talk, I’m
here and please don’t sell your body
because of us. Please if he wants
something else from you, don’t hesitate
to tell me. We can easily return all the
things he gave us ” She said crying.

“Mummy why the tears again, I’m fine
don’t worry about me” I hugged her and
picked my bag.

“Admiral Alawode called me. He told
me he had booked a return ticket back
to school for me.

★★★★

I got back to school in the evening.
Happy gave me a warm welcome and
went into details. For the very first time
she prepared a meal for me.

“So he didn’t touch you, that man really
surprised me o, I never knew he was
this gentle, I know he’s nice but never
thought he could act cool around a girl
like this”

“I was surprised too, that reminds me.
What did he say about me?”
“He said he likes you immediately he
set his eyes on you, that you are
charming. He said he expected to see
someone who will dress to kill but he
said you looked very homely and he
loved the simplicity about you”

“Really, I thought he wasn’t interested
in me, although he was indifference, I
can’t say whether he likes me or not”

“Maybe he wants to make sure he
makes you happy first before sleeping
with you”

“Happy, you won’t believe the
president called him and they were
chatting and laughing”

“I told you, he’s one of the top rated
people of this country”

“Thank you so much, Happy. You don’t
know what you did in my life”

“You are welcome, please don’t
disappoint me. I don’t want him to call
and start complaining, anyway I trust
you won’t fall my hand”.

To be continued...
Blessing Edet

No comments:

Post a Comment